The mission of this all-volunteer organization is quite simple: funnel the profits back into the community. Other than the operating budget, all the profits go back into the community in many ways. Over the years the Monona Festival Committee has donated significant funds to various sources, including:
- Monona Police & Fire Departments
- Monona Public Library Building Fund
- Monona Dream Park, Winnequah Park Gazebo & Monona Parks Dept donations
- Paid for construction of the Children’s Pool at the Monona Public Pool
- Annual scholarhsip to Monona Grove High School & donations to area high school booster clubs
- Annual donation to the Monona Senior Center
We cannot dismiss the fact that none of this would be possible without the generous support of the Madison and Monona business community. Over the years, local business have helped support the community festival through generous sponsorships understanding that local festivals like this help improve a community in so many ways.
If you or your company would like to become a sponsor, please contact us for more information!